What is a Legacy Download?

DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536

I can't seem to find the answer... when I go to download products I bought in the store, I see the normal downloads but also an additional one with the word "Legacy" on the end. What is it, please, since it seems to show up out of nowhere? Do I need to install it? (I'm sure I'm just missing something but I cannot find the answer).

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The Legacy version is for DS versions prior to the 4.5 release, versions which did not use the DUF format.

• DrowElfMorwenDrowElfMorwen Posts: 536
    edited December 1969

Ah, thank you so much! Then I don't need them, that's good :)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

But what if there is only a legacy version of the product ? will it still work in DSpro 4.5

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You won't get a download with only a legacy version. This is only used in the products that have been packaged for use with the new DSON importer.

Older content which has not yet been converted will be labelled differently.

• Pascal ComicsPascal Comics Posts: 137
    edited December 1969

I read this thread but I'm still confused. I downloaded the 'legacy' versions of some Genesis characters. I don't have/need Poser and I'm only using Daz 4.5. on Win64. No other content other than what came with 4.5. Is this OK? Do I have to uninstall these characters and download again? Which one? Too many choices for a simple download. Mac/PC choice I can understand. The rest is gibberish to me. Please help.

Brian

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

The Legacy versions should work fine, but the Core versions may be a bit better for some things (possibly more efficient or reliable scene saves, perhaps, though I'm by no means sure it will make a difference). But with new content, download the Core or non-Legacy files.

• Pascal ComicsPascal Comics Posts: 137
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Richard. The key word is 'core'. Now I can sort through the mess of downloads and pick one. Happy new year to you and yours.

Brian