Where is the Super Suit?

12346»

Comments

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Elgyfu said:
    I bought a 'supersuit' thing when Genesis first came out (not on my main pc, so can't check the name - GSuit?). I was under the impression that was going to have lots of add-ons etc -but it hasn't.

I take it this new Super Suit is not compatible? :(

The G-Suit isnt made by Daz it was made by a PA, I also bought that one. But really it has nothing compared with the Supersuit though the G-Suit would be good to do some things that the Supersuit cant do because of the matirial zones are different.

Sal.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited May 2012

DAZ_Rand said:
    riftwitch said:
    Faewolf said:
    can we recreate the classic superman outfit like this: http://fronttowardsgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/superman_christopher_reeve.jpg

with the supersuit? I saw the semi-look-a-like in the Hero Classics product but i want to be able to recreate the real thing :)

Looking at the morphing seams though i dont see any lines that can be combined to create the classic red briefs. Is it possible?

You can use the briefs that come with Studio. Rand said that he'll be releasing the presets he did for the Marvel & DC characters sometime next week, so that might be a big help. Note that there are things that the Supersuit can't do (or at least, not do well); that's why there are sets for belts, gloves, and capes coming soon.

as you can see there is little trouble getting what you want. there is little if any postwork on any of these. The belts are the new supersuit belt except Wonder Woman, punisher and daredevil which are the supersuit alone plus DS primitive cylinders.

all the logos were done in an interesting way... i put them on the torso of GENESIS and displaced them THROUGH the suit. easy-peasy

Thank you Randy for the hints an tipps. When can please expect your great outfits for the SuperSuit? You've promised us them as freebies in the old forum!!

There is also one thing, that "disturbed" me a littel bit. The Supersuit has tons of seams, but for the jeans/pants morph (and also for a regular shirt) these seams are at the wrong places. For a jeans or a regular pant it must be like the red line on my picture below. So maybe one at DAZ could work on a little "update" with a less-seams version of the suite???

BEFORE I CLOSE: Don't forget the template

Line.jpg
    800 x 673 - 68K
    Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

It's a relative easy task to remap the material zones or create new ones with the group editor tool so the possibilities really are only limited by imagination. With a little more effort and skill you can create similar morphs for your new material zones as the ones that comes with the default zones. I suspect we'll see an influx of remapped suits in the market place soon enough. ;)

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

... I suspect we'll see an influx of remapped suits in the market place soon enough. ;)

Can't happen soon enough for me,
    no leotard style heroines until then - but first I gotta get the suit...
    Still waiting for Daz to deliver on the MM Buy it All bonus. Won't be doing that again.
    Is the weekend over yet?
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited May 2012

Sal UK said:
    Elgyfu said:
    I bought a 'supersuit' thing when Genesis first came out (not on my main pc, so can't check the name - GSuit?). I was under the impression that was going to have lots of add-ons etc -but it hasn't.

The G-Suit isnt made by Daz it was made by a PA, I also bought that one. But really it has nothing compared with the Supersuit though the G-Suit would be good to do some things that the Supersuit cant do because of the matirial zones are different.

Sal.
    Agreed. The only thing about the Supersuit that I'm only mildly disappointed about is the lesser diversity of material zones in comparison to the G-Suit. However, while I favor the G-Suit's material variety, a rather significant drawback is the frequent poke-through the suit itself presents. This is especial when one is either posing or simply using character morphs involving the Gen 3 Shapes...

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Elgyfu said:

Sal.

Agreed. The only thing about the Supersuit that I'm only mildly disappointed about is the lesser diversity of material zones in comparison to the G-Suit. However, while I favor the G-Suit's material variety, a rather significant drawback is the frequent poke-through the suit itself presents. This is especial when one is either posing or simply using character morphs involving the Gen 3 Shapes...
    YEP!! to that, the Supersuit is supposed to be the be all end all, but 80% of the shaders with displacement cause poke through. I'm in the habit of turning all the displacement WAY down untill after a pose. It helps some.
  • BrumitDBrumitD Posts: 235
    edited June 2012

I was trying out fur shaders on the supersuit.

Resized the image.

cheetahgirl22412csa2.jpg
    742 x 800 - 474K
    Post edited by BrumitD on
  • Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Sal UK said:
    Elgyfu said:

Sal.

YEP!! to that, the Supersuit is supposed to be the be all end all, but 80% of the shaders with displacement cause poke through. I'm in the habit of turning all the displacement WAY down untill after a pose. It helps some.

You should not be getting poke through on any of the shaders used on the supersuit. If you are getting "80%" poke through then you are wither using some bizarre morph combinations or perhaps your Genesis is set to "Base" resolution

I personally tested all the shaders and although i cant say I didnt have any poke through issues, they were rare. If you have displacement on genesis itself... like the veins on Mr Hyde for example... then there is no shader in existence that will stop the poke through. you need to turn it off in the areas in question or hide the offending body part. Mr Hyde is a particularly nasty offender in this area.

If you have pokethrough on any surface, your first "fix" should always be raising the "minimum displacement" setting for that surface. it defaults at -.10 which is actually enough to cause poke through in some cases. setting it to true 0.0 should stop it.

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,977
    edited December 1969

continue play with.... GN+M5+supersuit+AXS power up+Extreme Heroes:supreme poses+M4 for Gn

wip-copy_T.jpg
    593 x 631 - 233K
  • ZetharaZethara Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

We are SOOOOO sorry for all the price confusion.

It really is just a function of US getting getting used to how the new store handles the aggregation of all the discounts being applied for PC members and the intro sale etc.

We think we have it figured out now so we don't anticipate any further changes. And we were able to arrive at what was advertised in the newsletter (the Pro Suite is actually still less than advertised but we are sticking with it). If you happened to get it while it was less than advertised, thanks for being so quick to purchase.

Again we apologize for the changes that were admittedly very confusing but necessary as we got our hands around the pricing and discounts for so many products at once.

We very much appreciate the patience and support as we work to make the site better overall.

If you chose the Supersuit Pro Bundle as your March Madness Buy-it-all Bonus, we will be granting those as soon as possible. (In the next few days... not weeks)

Thanks again for the support and sorry for the confusion.

Hey... Just wondering how many few days it might be before we see the supersuit in our accounts

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited May 2012

Cool. Definitely something to think about getting (I don't do enough supers or Sci Fi to justify it as an impulse purchase.)

Well, I can't say if it should be an impulse buy for you, but it's FAR more than for super/scifi stuff.

The first of my 2 images here using custom presets I came up with and the shaders included show how it can be used for normal clothing (as do some others different people have posted since you wrote this :).

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/201/P45

And here's another custom one from me.

In this one I used TWO supersuits both fit to Genesis. One is used for the belt & pants, the other for the shirt & socks:

Coolest clothing product ever :)

It's very cool. And I will get it some day. But I always try to keep my scenes as small (memory wise) as I can, and I can't see myself using a whole Super Suit in place of a pair of pants, or a shirt and pair of socks, if those resources are already available to me. (I'm likewise very reluctant to purchase any clothing set where I can't load most of the parts separately.) So it's not something I can use now, which is what would be required for me to get it now, rather than waiting for the next sale (and we know there will be one... eventually)

Now if my buddy Captain Geek were still running his Champions game, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. ;-)

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

DAZ_BHowell, please make sure the code monkeys turn on the SALE end date notices on the product pages, there are none! So when something is on sale it's a guess when it's off sale! THANKS!

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    DAZ_BHowell, please make sure the code monkeys turn on the SALE end date notices on the product pages, there are none! So when something is on sale it's a guess when it's off sale! THANKS!

Seconded - it is very annoying. Though I guess they are all firefighting the zillion other problems.

The suit is on sale until 7th June. Not sure if that applies to the add-ons etc.

Head over to the DAZ store and take advantage of our introductory offer. Now through June 7, 2012 (23:59:59 GMT-6) get the Genesis Supersuit for 10% OFF, or if you’re in the Platinum Club get 40% OFF!

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

It's a bit weird to me that the upcoming boots, cape and belt add-ons for the supersuit weren't included in the pro bundle, let alone the pro Suite. They seem like a no brainer for such packages, but marketing obviously says otherwise.
    Will there be an alternative Pro bundle perhaps?
    'Supersuit Complete' or something?

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It's a relative easy task to remap the material zones or create new ones with the group editor tool so the possibilities really are only limited by imagination. With a little more effort and skill you can create similar morphs for your new material zones as the ones that comes with the default zones. I suspect we'll see an influx of remapped suits in the market place soon enough. ;)

can you show me a tutorial how to do this?
    pdf or vid

thx

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited June 2012

as you can see there is little trouble getting what you want. there is little if any postwork on any of these. The belts are the new supersuit belt except Wonder Woman, punisher and daredevil which are the supersuit alone plus DS primitive cylinders.

all the logos were done in an interesting way... i put them on the torso of GENESIS and displaced them THROUGH the suit. easy-peasy

On the WonderWoman shot, you metnion this is Supersuit alone? How do you get the bikini shape bottom using the supersuit??

ww.jpg
    328 x 480 - 32K
    Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Use the briefs that come with Daz. Fit them to the supersuit.

• edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:

Yipes! That's my real name. It was giving me hassles too. I finally gave it up for the day.

BTW: renders nice with Visual Style shaders...

Would someone be able to walk me through how to apply the Visual Style Shaders to the Supersuit? I know that tiled shaders don't work with VSS out of the gate. I tried copying and re-linking the bricks from the VSS that relate to the "Ambient Color", and linking that in with one of the tiled plate Supersuit shaders. The tile mapping broke at that point, as the one tile map was stretched out over the whole surface.

Admittedly, I'm a n00b when it comes to Shader Mixer still.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is not a Supersuit question but I can not find a better thread to ask in. Does anyone know of a Tigra texture for V4 or V3 for some fanart?

• KGKG Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Rand said:
    all the logos were done in an interesting way… i put them on the torso of GENESIS and displaced them THROUGH the suit. easy-peasy.

Hi Rand!

Could you please explain how you put the emblem/logos?

Did you created a texture and just assigned it to Genesis? did you recreated the Genesis UV set?

How can I do the displacement techinque to put that texture over the supersuit?

Thank you

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited November 2012

Finally got round to doing a decent image
    Full sized version here:
    http://wancow.deviantart.com/art/Watch-at-Twilight-340076026

Twilight.jpg
    600 x 360 - 22K
    Post edited by wancow on