Where is the Super Suit?

Comments

• Randall LloydRandall Lloyd Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

jferio said:
    Even with the pricing issues, I had to get the pro set. My first proper render with the Supersuit... and the most characters I've packed into the viewport, ever.

nice!

For one of the promo renders, I had 25 genesis figures wearing 25 supersuits... YIKES

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It is a little advertised fact, but there is a second bodysuit included in the bundle that is a “normal” bodysuit without all the wicked functionality.

Is that one available on it's own? I don't have any use for the 'wicked functionality' - not my sort of thing - but I use bodysuits for shirts and such under other things. Just simple ones like the M4/V4 ones.

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,977
    edited December 1969

..continue to play with....GN+F4+Mr Hyde+Superbodysuit+AXS+Supreme Power Poses :)

f5-copy_T.jpg
    593 x 631 - 274K
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

So...are all the add-ons for the supersuit, just pre-made configurations of what you "could" do by hand using the base supersuit, or do they actually add new things? I notice a few had some props and materials(which I assume are add-ons), but I was more interested in the actual morphs?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    So...are all the add-ons for the supersuit, just pre-made configurations of what you "could" do by hand using the base supersuit, or do they actually add new things? I notice a few had some props and materials(which I assume are add-ons), but I was more interested in the actual morphs?

They're new things, completely new textures and shaders, plus some have extra props and Genesis shapes.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited May 2012

OK, so its textures and shaders (and some props, maybe a Genesis shape) All of the "preset shapes" they mention, are just presets of the bodysuit, which one could "dial in" or something? For example, for the Fantasy Pack, it shows a barbarian outfit. You could get that basic shape out of the base suit (though not as easy without the preset), but you would NOT have the hair texture/shaders needed without that add-on?

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited May 2012

Zethara said:
    Legionair said:
    Zethara said:
    Wow.. there are some great renders in here already! I'm pretty bummed though... Supposedly the super suit was going to be added to my account... according to my email back when I chose it for my March Madness bonus... And it's not there at all. I did email support, but it seems to me that people who opted for the bonus and bought everything in the category in March should not have to wait. I am a pretty calm person, but I'm disappointed right now. I get that the store is a mess... and the forums are a mess.. and that we're supposed to be oh so patient, but *sniff cry* I hope they resolve the pricing issues for everyone... and get this product into the accounts of those of us who did choose it in good faith back when....

Don't feel too bad. I picked the Grab Bag and got a box of rancid mayo and a broken statue.

:ohh: Seriously??? Ouch... That seems very strange...

The statue appeared to be a 3D print of V3 or V4. Would have been a very nice item to have. Unfortunately heavy, semi fragile intricate item does not mix well with poor packaging and Parcel Post shipping. The result was it showed up in five peices.

Add into this that someone thought it would be amusing to include a packet of mayo. The kind you would get from a take out place. Unfortunately this did not mix well with large, heavy, loose items (see above). This was compounded by about 50 Hiro 3 give away disks. So somewhere along the trip it must have gotten pinched between them. Mayo + Parcel Post + Springtime in Florida = An overly unpleasent box.

I was able to salvage three audio CDs (two of which I already owned, one in Russian (I presume)). And one DAZ instruction book.

Thrown away was an assortment of posters, two books (one in German I think), one magazine, two Victoria Secret catalogs and a t-shirt.

I emailed support about it. Not really expecting a resolution, but thinking I should at least mention the poor logic of mayo and no padding in the box.

I expected at least an apology, but to date, nothing.

Moral of the story, choose the grab bag at your own peril. Unless you want to trade $100 in product for a book that smells of mayo.

Post edited by Jason Galterio on
  • FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

can we recreate the classic superman outfit like this: http://fronttowardsgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/superman_christopher_reeve.jpg

with the supersuit? I saw the semi-look-a-like in the Hero Classics product but i want to be able to recreate the real thing :)

Looking at the morphing seams though i dont see any lines that can be combined to create the classic red briefs. Is it possible?

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Faewolf said:
    can we recreate the classic superman outfit like this: http://fronttowardsgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/superman_christopher_reeve.jpg

with the supersuit? I saw the semi-look-a-like in the Hero Classics product but i want to be able to recreate the real thing :)

Looking at the morphing seams though i dont see any lines that can be combined to create the classic red briefs. Is it possible?

No, it's impossible to make a material zone of that shape. It can't be done.
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Shaders in the Pro bundle are friggin' AMAZING.

Just AMAZING. I'm drooling over 'em right now.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    OK, so its textures and shaders (and some props, maybe a Genesis shape) All of the "preset shapes" they mention, are just presets of the bodysuit, which one could "dial in" or something? For example, for the Fantasy Pack, it shows a barbarian outfit. You could get that basic shape out of the base suit (though not as easy without the preset), but you would NOT have the hair texture/shaders needed without that add-on?

Correct, but if you have other shaders you could easily use them on the boy suit. Having said that as others have said the shaders are awesome and the presets make life much easier.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited December 1969

Timmoth said:
    Faewolf said:

No, it's impossible to make a material zone of that shape. It can't be done.

I belief what has been done is to us the body suit and put a pair of 'briefs' over the top.

I really love this suit.

SS-Guardsm.jpg
    566 x 800 - 266K
    Glam-Rock-1sm.jpg
    566 x 800 - 144K
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,402
    edited December 1969

Faewolf said:

You can use the briefs that come with Studio. Rand said that he'll be releasing the presets he did for the Marvel & DC characters sometime next week, so that might be a big help. Note that there are things that the Supersuit can't do (or at least, not do well); that's why there are sets for belts, gloves, and capes coming soon.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    Faewolf said:

You can use the briefs that come with Studio. Rand said that he'll be releasing the presets he did for the Marvel & DC characters sometime next week, so that might be a big help. Note that there are things that the Supersuit can't do (or at least, not do well); that's why there are sets for belts, gloves, and capes coming soon.

as you can see there is little trouble getting what you want. there is little if any postwork on any of these. The belts are the new supersuit belt except Wonder Woman, punisher and daredevil which are the supersuit alone plus DS primitive cylinders.

all the logos were done in an interesting way... i put them on the torso of GENESIS and displaced them THROUGH the suit. easy-peasy

aquaman.jpg
    667 x 960 - 55K
    flash.jpg
    650 x 960 - 56K
    wonderwoman.jpg
    656 x 960 - 46K
    punisher.jpg
    667 x 960 - 44K
    daredevil.jpg
    667 x 960 - 30K
    edited May 2012

and a couple more

parts of these Batmen pics are postwork, mostly the nose area and the parts of the cape that lie on and over the shoulders.

superman2.jpg
    800 x 791 - 196K
    batman1.jpg
    667 x 960 - 46K
    batman2.jpg
    654 x 960 - 41K
    Post edited by Randall Lloyd on
    edited December 1969

When you use the briefs... fit them to the supersuit, not Genesis.

In fact, you can get a lot of cool effects by fitting things to the supersuit.

Because of its ability to globally dial in and out, you can even fix things like "hover clothes" that look like they are floating instead of sitting on the skin. To do that, fit your clothing item to the supersuit, make it invisible, then dial it in or out to get the fit you want.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited May 2012

*sigh*

I have now learned to write my replies offline first because at some points, they can be lost while you're adding and previewing

I'll try to remember what I was replying to

First, great renders! There are lots more renders in this thread:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/201/

mbin said:

I assume the pro bundle and suite may be great for some one starting out who doesn't already have a lot of the older items that are in it, but I would like to know that if I buy (once the store has settled down!) the basic supersuit, do I get all the functionality shown in the demo video?

The Pro bundle here:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/supersuit-pro-bundle

doesn't have any old stuff in it - it has all the different packs which each have a bunch of different presets (a combo of shape only, shader preset only and shape/shader preset together) for cool outfits. Plus, EACH pack has different shaders in it

Cool. Definitely something to think about getting (I don't do enough supers or Sci Fi to justify it as an impulse purchase.)

Well, I can't say if it should be an impulse buy for you, but it's FAR more than for super/scifi stuff.

The first of my 2 images here using custom presets I came up with and the shaders included show how it can be used for normal clothing (as do some others different people have posted since you wrote this :).

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/201/P45

And here's another custom one from me.

In this one I used TWO supersuits both fit to Genesis. One is used for the belt & pants, the other for the shirt & socks:

Coolest clothing product ever :)

Double_suit_Alisa.jpg
    800 x 740 - 113K
    Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • FaewolfFaewolf Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

thanks so much DAZ_Rand!! the renders look awesome :D

I'm definitely going to have to get the suit now, just have to decide on Regular or Pro bundle. Ive been reduced to going "eeny, meeny, miny, mo" now while i debate the pros and cons lol

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Just so you know if you cant like me afford the pro bundle you can still get some great results creating your own versions with the base Supersuit.

this is what I come up with with a few hours work, I didnt use the shaders that came with the suit on this one I used the Hardcore Utility Shaders http://www.daz3d.com/shop/hardcore-utility-shaders-ds

Sal.

supersuit4c2a.jpg
    800 x 512 - 167K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Looks GREAT!! :-)

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

M5 and V5 Versions :)

Sal

Sci-Fi2.jpg
    800 x 660 - 286K
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Very cool!

• frogdotfrogdot Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My first render using the supersuit.

superherosm.jpg
    600 x 800 - 144K
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Question: the fur shader in the supersuit promos is included only in the Pro Bundle?

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Question: the fur shader in the supersuit promos is included only in the Pro Bundle?

It's also part of the Supersuit Hero Pack add-on.

That's the way I bought it. :)

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited December 1969

Oh, thanks!, that's the reason...I had the Genesis Supersuit...now I need the "Supa Sweet" then!

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Oh, thanks!, that's the reason...I had the Genesis Supersuit...now I need the "Supa Sweet" then!

Welcome!

Yup.. first I bought the suit and the fantasy pack and a few of the smaller add-ons and then I decided I needed extra hero suits with fur! LOL

Hmmm... I need to quilt one of those suits don't I?! :coolcheese:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I hope that I can hear back from the email I sent to sales support so I can get the Super Suit. Your renders make it look great.

• TimmothTimmoth Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Just to clarify, if you mean the SuperSuit Pro Suite? then no, the fur shader is also in the Hero 'Pack', not just the Hero 'Content Bundle' in the Pro Suite, the Hero pack currently being only $14.85...
  • ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited December 1969

I bought a 'supersuit' thing when Genesis first came out (not on my main pc, so can't check the name - GSuit?). I was under the impression that was going to have lots of add-ons etc -but it hasn't.

I take it this new Super Suit is not compatible? :(