This product is in these bundles
FBX has quickly become a leading 3D File Interchange Format. It provides a powerful new way of working with 3D content, from a wide variety of applications and content providers.
The FBX plugin for DAZ Studio allows users to maximize their content creation pipeline by allowing them to create cutting edge content without having to worry about inter-package compatibility. Support for FBX in DAZ Studio gives you access to the wealth of tools and content available through the extensive network of FBX partners.
What's Included and FeaturesFeatures
- Export in standard FBX format, or using a customized export for LightWave users.
- Supports binary or plain text file formats
- Limit the export to selected items only, or export the entire scene
- Export by object type. Supported types include cameras, lights, props and figures.
- Single and multi-layered texturing options
- Export all texture images to destination folder
- Export morphs
- Include skeleton and weightmaps
- Can weld the geometry prior to exporting to make one solid mesh
- Export animation
- Supports Embedding Textures for file sharing with remote users
This plugin provides support for the industry standard FBX format used by Autodesk and supported by most major 3D applications. Exporting to the FBX format provides you access to an industry-wide 3D format and allows you to use your DAZ content in products such as Motion Builder, Maya, LightWave, 3D Studio Max, Cinema4D and others.
- Prior to DAZ Studio 4.5, this plugin can only be used for export purposes.
- The destination program must support FBX version 6 or 7 in order to function correctly.
- FBX files created by this plugin have only been tested in Maya, 3DS Max, and Motion Builder (and DAZ Studio 4.5).
NOTE : DAZ Studio 4.x users do not need to run the installers for this plugin (the plugin is already included in the application installer). You will want to make sure you have DAZ Studio 220.127.116.11 or later installed. When you purchase this plugin, you will receive a serial number you can input to activate it without having to install the plugin in DAZ Studio 4. To activate the plugin, go to HELP --> About installed Plugins. Find the entry for FBX plugin. Click 'Register' to the right and input the serial number. Click 'Accept.' Close and re-launch DAZ Studio 4.