The DAZ Studio SDK is a free C++ software development platform that provides a very tightly integrated, fully object-oriented interface for manipulating and extending DAZ Studio at all levels. It provides developers with the ability to add new functionality, interfaces, scene components, render engines, file I/O and much more, including the ability to integrate new components into the native file structure. The SDK also enables developers to load DAZ Studio with full functionality from other applications making it possible to directly import/export data as well as host live DAZ Studio content in other applications. Its versatility and power allows developers to utilize DAZ Studio in a manner that is tailored to developers' needs. It includes extensive API documentation and sample plug-ins to help get developers started in the creation of new DAZ Studio components.
What's Included and Features
- C++ Headers & Libraries - The core essentials necessary for developing new plug-ins and extensions to DAZ Studio.
- SDK Documentation - Stand-alone HTML formatted SDK documentation providing the necessary information for learning, using, and developing plug-ins for DAZ Studio.
- Sample Plug-ins - Easy to understand plug-in examples of how to use the SDK to implement basic functionality in DAZ Studio.
- Cross Platform - Built on the Qt framework developed by Nokia, plugins developed using the DAZ Studio SDK can be successfully delivered to both Windows and Mac OSX platforms, for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures..
- This is the Production Release of the DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK. Plugins can be built against this version and submitted for serial number prefix assignment, building of installers, smoke testing, public beta and final versions. Any plugins built against this Production Release can be published in the store for purchase.
- The SDK is required for building compiled plugins for DAZ Studio. It is NOT required to author DAZ Script files. For more information on DAZ Script, view the Scripting Documentation section on the Documentation Center.